Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Pushing That Envelope

Sorry about no post yesterday, I was very busy and I didn't have time to get to my compy. Anyways, I am back and with something that will shock all the Cons that read my blog. I am going to criticize the Liberals. Now I know you are asking yourself, but Milan, you're a Liberal, how can you go against your party? Simple, I have free will and we live in a democratic nation.

Now, I know I am beating this thing like a dead horse but I am still discussing Canada's role in Afghanistan. I got a lot of heat regarding my comments a couple of days ago about my views on the increased role in Afghanistan. I am still in firm belief that we should not be in an offensive military role there. My little rant today is targeted at Bill Graham. Now, I do not have 100% definitive proof that Mr. Graham did give the order to make our troops go on the offensive as it was announced by General Hillier on November 25, 2005, which was 2 days after Parliament was dissolved by the Cons, NDP, and the Bloc, but he was in charge of the department before then and it is quite possible that he did let General Hillier go on the offensive. This is quite retarded and I think Mr. Graham is a giant douche if he did allow this. Canada is a nation of peace and we have no right to take lives, no matter who they are. The sanctity of human life is paramount in Canada and now we are exporting the opposite to fledgling democracies. I know you are thinking that the Taliban is evil and must be destroyed, but running around Afghanistan arbitrarily shooting Afghani's as they might be part of the Taliban is still wrong and will only lead to more attacks but this time it will be inside Canada. For every Afghani Canadian soldiers kill, there will be several more that will be outraged by the attack and join the Taliban. Now, do I have a solution to this problem....no, I do not. I do not have a solution, because I don't think there is one. If we turn the other cheek, they will just slap us again, however if we hit back, then they will just kick us in the junk. The only thing that I can think of is to only attack as a retaliatory measure. Do not hunt them down, just wait for them to come after us. It is very dangerous, but if you place buffer zones between the rebuilding crew and possible terrorists, you can keep casualties to a minimum. This way, we don't kill any innocent Afghani's and we are not seen as an aggressor by the Arab community. By constantly shoving peace in their face, the Afghani people will eventually turn and leave the hatred behind them. For hundreds of years the white man has treated blacks and women as second class citizens, but we have managed to eliminate that for the most part. There are still a few dissenters but they are few and far between. We have to give the Afghani people the same chance to turn their hatred around in a peaceful manner that will keep everyone alive and allow us to live as one race on this planet....Human.

No comments: