Friday, March 17, 2006

Let the Games Begin!!!

It's been a slow news day and I have been quite busy today so sorry for my late post. I am also quite tired now so I am going to keep this brief.

Well, it's official, Paul Martin will be stepping down as leader of the Liberal Party this weekend when he meets with the Liberal execs and the official terms of the leadership race will be discussed. Now I have never been a huge fan of Paul being Prime Minister but I do wish him all the best in his future endeavors. Over the course of the next week, we will most likely see several Liberal MP's throwing in their names as candidates and it will be interesting to see who decides to run the gambit. I would be one of them, however I do not have the money to do so. This still will not stop me from listing my vision of how I think Canada should be governed and tomorrow I will be posting my vision on my blog for all to see. I hope that my postings will get me some backing and I hope it is in the form of monetary payments but I will settle for candidates using my platform as theirs, as long as I get the kudos for it.

Stay tuned tomorrow for my platform as I am very tired now and I don't want to do it tonight.

1 comment:

IslandLiberal said...

Gerrymandering electoral districts is not a good idea, even if you want to produce more First Nations MPs. Districts should be drawn up impartially; let's not get to an American system where boundaries are ridiculous.

The provinces would never allow health and education to be federalized; education, in particular. Quebec absolutely would not allow education to be taken out of their hands.