Thursday, November 02, 2006

Crunch Time in the Liberal Leadership Race

Since I am unable to go to the Liberal Leadership Convention in December....I decided to use my blog to create a movement for all the Liberals that read my blog. My movement is being called the Anyone but Rae or Iggy Campaign. By this, I mean if you support anyone but Bob Rae or Michael Ignatieff, and you do not want them to become leader of the Liberal Party, you should lend Stephane Dion your vote for the second ballot of the Leadership Election. Even if you are supporting one of those two candidates, and you are trailing in the ballots, you should drop your vote, and vote for Stephane.

Stephane Dion is the only real choice for running the Liberal Party for a lot of reasons. He is the longest serving Liberal in the running, he is French and that will help with the Quebec vote, he's not Bob Rae so he will do well in Ontario, he's not Iggy so he will do well with minorities, he has a plan for curbing climate change, and he is a very strong public speaker which will help with bringing down The Harp. I will post more tomorrow about my new initiative, but it is late and I want to go to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you on Dion...thee Canadian Action Figure of our times.
If you need some fodder on Ignatieff, I have plenty of it at: "Murphy's Point"

May the best man win.

Altavistagoogle said...

"he is French and that will help with the Quebec vote"

Dion does aparently have French citizenship (thanks to one of his parents), but I fail to see how that would get him Quebec votes.

I think you ment to say "Francophone", "French Speaking", "French Canadian" or a "Quebecois".