Wednesday, September 06, 2006

We Want Your Vote......Just Not You!!!

Ok, seeing this little post on CBC made me chuckle a little. Not allowing anybody to run against you is a very good way to make sure that you win an election. The Cons are being sued by not one, not two, but 3 different people because they were not allowed to enter their respective races for their ridings. Well, to be more clear...two were for that reason, and the third was promised money to not run so whistleblower guy could run...and he still never received the money. This is the party that's supposed to bring honesty and integrity to politics, yet they impede the democratic process by eliminating all competition so their candidates that they hand pick can win. Now, handpicking politicians to run in ridings isn't new, it has been done for years, but blocking other members so they cannot even run by slamming the doors in their faces or simply putting their fingers in their ears and screaming LALALALALALALA until they leave is just plain wrong. I said it when I first started my blog and I will say it again. The Liberals lost their way, but if you want to see corrupt people, elect a Conservative and watch your freedoms fly away like a DC10 with rockets heading for the United States.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Not only did # 3 not get the money, the tories say that since he disclosed the deal he was no longer entitled to it. I wish I lived in a fantasy land where I could make up the rules as I went along.